The Logan Elm School District announces the following schedule for registration of kindergarten students for the 2018-19 school year:
Thursday, March 15 8:30-3:00 at Pickaway Elementary
Wednesday, March 28 8:30-3:00 at Washington Elementary
Thursday, April 5 8:30-3:00 at Laurelville Elementary
To be eligible for next year’s kindergarten, a child must have attained the age of five (5) years on or before August 1, 2018 .
Parents are asked to bring the following documentation when registering children for kindergarten:
1. Driver’s license or some other positive identification of the parent registering the child.
2. The child’s birth certificate. Proof of date of birth must be presented in the form of a certified Birth Certificate. Hospital records cannot be accepted.
3. The child’s record of immunizations. Before child can enter school, he/she must have all required immunizations with the month, day and year they were administered.
4. A copy of custody orders, if parents are divorced or legally separated.
5. Social Security Card for the child or proof that you are in the process of acquiring the card.
6. Babysitter name, address and phone number, if child is picked up and dropped off at a residence besides their home.
7. Proof of residency (electric bill, rent receipt, property tax receipt, etc.).
A complete health exam is encouraged but it is not required.
Parents with questions regarding Logan Elm’s kindergarten registration can call their local elementary school’s principal.
This week, the Ohio Department of Education released a list of districts and schools who received the Momentum Award, based on report card data from the 2016-2017 school year. According to the Ohio Department of Education’s webpage, the Award recognizes schools for exceeding expectations in student growth for the year. Schools must earn straight A’s on all Value-Added measures on the report card. The school or district must have at least two Value-Added subgroups of students, which includes gifted, lowest 20% in achievement, and students with disabilities.
I am pleased to announce that for the second consecutive year both Logan Elm Local Schools and Salt Creek Intermediate School received the Momentum Award from the Ohio Department of Education. Less than five percent of the districts and schools, in Ohio, received this award for two consecutive years! I would like to congratulate the staff, students, parents and community for this outstanding recognition.
For more information about this award and a complete list of district and schools who were recognized, click the attached link.
Be a Brave!
PayForIt.net has a new mobile app that is now available for iOS and Android. The PayForIt.net Mobile App provides the ability to make payments to replenish lunch accounts and view purchase history. The PayForIt.net mobile app is a free download and can be found in the Apple App Store and Google Play.