New email: New email is flowing to Office 365 on both the @loganelm.org and @logan-elm.k12.oh.us addresses. Mail began flowing to @loganelm.org on Friday, June 16 and to @logan-elm.k12.oh.us on Wednesday, June 21. There was a domain redirection issue with the @logan-elm.k12.oh.us domain that was finally resolved on June 21. When you login to your old account (https://mail.scoca.org), you may see some unread emails to that address.
Old email: You can access emails prior to June 16 by visiting https://mail.scoca.org and using your old credentials. I am in the process of downloading pst files from META Piketon. I was delayed in getting the files due to the employee that is handling the email migrations being on vacation last Monday through Wednesday. I wasn't able to start downloading PST files until last Friday morning. It is taking longer than anticipated due to the size of the files. I want to thank those of you who reduced the size of mailboxes by deleting unnecessary emails and emptying sent and deleted items. Unfortunately, not everyone followed those directions, resulting in huge mailboxes taking 4-8 hours to download. Currently, I have half of the mailboxes downloaded. At this rate, I will have them downloaded by Wednesday, June 28. I will be on vacation and will return on Wednesday, July 5. I will start uploading the mailboxes to Microsoft on that day and hope to have your old emails, contacts and calendar events in Office 365 by Friday, July 14.
If you are having trouble accessing your old email account at META Piketon (https://mail.scoca.org) or your new Office 365 account (https://portal.office.com), please enter a helpdesk ticket at http://loganelm.org/helpdesk. Please include a personal email address so that I can get your credentials to you. I am sending this email on both email systems and will post this message on the district website.
LEHS Copy Room Copier Locked Print Job
How to print a locked print job on the Ricoh Aficio MP6002.
1. Click on the Printer icon on the home screen.
2. Select Print Jobs
3. Choose your name and then select Print.
4. Enter your code using the number keys and press OK.
5. Enter the number of copies using the number keys if necessary and then push Print.
Create Calendar Events
1. Go to http://calendar.loganelmschools.com.
2. Login with your username and password.
3. Go to a view which you prefer. Most popular is Month view.
4. Click on a day to add an event.
5. The When field should contain the date. Enter the event in the What field. Choose the appropriate calendar field. You will only see the calendars in which you have access. If you need to add a time to the event, click on Edit Event. Otherwise, click on Create Event if it is an all-day event.
6. When you click on Edit Event and need to enter a time, uncheck All Day.
7. The time fields will appear after you uncheck All Day. Enter a start time and end time (if applicable). Google defaults to a one-hour end time. If you add an event at 10am, Google will automatically add an end time of 11am. If you do not want an end time, enter the same time you entered for the start time. You do not need to enter data in the Where or Description fields. Do not change other variables, such as Event color, Reminders, Show me as and Privacy. When you are finished, click on Save in the upper left corner.
8. The event will now appear on the calendar. Repeat the procedure to add more events. If you have repeating events, you can explore the Repeat function next to the All Day checkbox.
The easiest method to enter a helpdesk ticket is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, explain the problem and provide any error messages if applicable. Please do not use general messages such as “computer not working”. If your computer will not power on, please state “computer will not power on.” The helpdesk checks the email account every 120 seconds and processes the ticket. It generates an email which is sent to the technology coordinator, technology technician and high school technology building contact.
If you wish to enter the helpdesk portal, click here. This portal is for high school/junior high teachers. You will need to use your network login and password, which uses the last name and first initial naming convention.
UPDATE: Another method is to call 740-478-9211. When you call the technology support phone number, you will hear a prompt to say your name. Say your name and wait for the next step. If you call during the hours of 6:30am to 3:00pm, my mobile phone will ring. If I am able to take the call, I may be able to help you with your problem or will enter a ticket. If I am unable to take the call or it is during my non-working hours, you will reach the voicemail greeting. Follow the instructions in the greeting. Voicemail messages are converted to text and are sent to my email address. I will receive the email message on my phone and I can forward it to the helpdesk.